Terms & Conditions
LEARNING, MAKING & TALKING Film Program
The Some Fine Day Pix Program is the continuation of the One Fine Day Film Workshop series which was founded by One Fine Day Films, Ginger Ink Films Africa and DW Akademie.
The program consists of three segments:
LEARNING is a webinar series for East African film practitioners and people interested in the industry.
Within the MAKING segment of the film program, upcoming filmmakers from Kenya get the opportunity to develop, produce and distribute their own fiction short film.
Filmmakers can choose to apply for ONE of the following classes:
- Location Management
- Assistant Directing
- Production Design
- Film Music
TALKING is a podcast series revolving around what inspires us to make films and what it means to be an artist.
LEARNING Film Webinars
The Some Fine Day Pix LEARNING webinars offer a series of talks on current topics of the film industry, to expand the participants existing knowledge and get inspired in the daily work life.
The webinars are hosted as live sessions on ATINGI, an E-Learning platform initiated and operated by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). To attend the webinar, participants must register a personal account with ATINGI. Upon registration with Atingi you agree to their Terms&Conditions.
The webinars are free of charge and open to participants from East Africa.
MAKING Film Program
The MAKING film program offers selected participants in twelve departments the opportunity to receive tuition and mentorship over 2-5 month, depending on the department.
During the course of the program, members of the scriptwriting class will present their short film scripts to fellow participants from other disciplines.
Following this pitch, members of all departments form teams to develop the short films further. In September 2021 the teams present their short film projects to a distinguished jury, which will select three teams, each of which will be awarded with financial support of KES 2.000.000 to produce their respective short film. Selected projects for the short film support program have to be completed by April 2022.
Note: The financial support is tied to the production of the short film and will have to be spent under the guidelines of the German public procurement law. The selected teams will receive an instruction of these guidelines.
Qualification to apply
Every application has to meet the following requirements:
- The Application form has to be fully filled in. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The applicant must demonstrate professional experience in the film industry.
- The applicant must hold African citizenship and reside in Kenya permanently.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age by April 1st 2021.
- The applicant must be fluent in the English language, written and spoken.
- The applicant must have full access to a laptop (including webcam and audio system) and WIFI connection. No hardware or internet cost reimbursement will be provided, applicants are fully responsible themselves for their technical and digital workspace.
- A stable internet connection is mandatory at all times to ensure a pleasant and enriching experience to all.
How to apply
Note: The application is individual. The program does not accept team applications.
The application consists of the following parts:
- A completed online application form.
- Completed assignments which vary depending on department.
Please note: The online form has no build-in facility to safe! Please prepare your answers before filling in the form.
- A 1-minute application video about the applicant: Speak to us! Show the selection committee who you are and why you are applying for the Some Fine Day Pix program. What experience in film do you have? What films would you make if given the chance? What possibilities do you see for yourself in the industry? Choose the style you think fits best e.g. make a short documentary, animation film, musical or just talk to your mobile camera. We are keen to see your creativity!
- In addition, one has the opportunity to include a 1-minute video or attach work samples showcasing previous works: Let us see your talent! Send us sample of your work, a clip you have shot for this application or an excerpt of a project you have completed.
Videos are uploaded to www.youtube.com as “public” or “unlisted”. Sound and picture have to be clear. Videos over one minute will be disqualified and deemed unacceptable. This will render an application incomplete.
Incomplete application forms & videos longer than 1 minute will not be considered.
The applicant declares that she/he/they owns the copyright for the 1-minute application videos, or has permission to share the media provided according to the relevant national and international regulations. She/he/they guarantees that no rights of third parties are violated by the material used in the film or other samples of work submitted. The applicant unconditionally and irrevocably declares her/his/their copyright responsibility towards third parties in case of disputes over copyright violations. In this respect, the applicant exempts the Some Fine Day Pix Program from all claims by third parties.
The deadline for applications for each department will be published on this website and on our social media channels.
Selection of Participants
Participants will be selected at the sole discretion of The Some Fine Day Pix Program. Applicants will receive feedback on their applications via E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this E-Mail address to your secure contacts to prevent failures in delivery.
ATINGI & Nairobi, Kenya
To attend the online meetings between mentors and participants, you must register with ATINGI, an E-Learning platform initiated and operated by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The Some Fine Day Pix Program offers, free of charge, a comprehensive program to all participants. In return full participation and attendance is expected.
Some Fine Day Pix respects each person’s right to privacy. We do not buy or distribute personal information or samples of work for commercial purposes. Application data will be treated confidentially. If you are selected to participate in the Some Fine Day Pix Workshop, it may be displayed in a database at the Some Fine Day Pix Workshop and on our website or related areas. The purpose is to improve communication between participants, experts and visitors.
You submit your Workshop application via JotForms. We assure that the application form we have implemented in our website is GDPR compliant and no personal data is being shared with third parties. We will use the personal data you provided on the application form solely for the purposes of the workshop program. Following a successful application, we will use your E-mail address and phone number for distribution of information regarding the Program only. The personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be deleted immediately. Your personal data is stored on a secure server in the EU provided by STRATO AG.
Photography and filming
We may wish to photograph or film the workshop and reserve the right to do so for the purposes of promoting future programs or otherwise. You consent to us (or any other person attending the workshop) photographing or filming you and any persons attending the workshop with you. You may not photograph or video meetings without our prior consent.
The Some Fine Day Pix Film Program is supported by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).